What is Peptic Ulcer?
|A peptic ulcer is a sore at the lining of your belly, small gut or esophagus. A peptic ulcer with inside the belly is referred to as a gastric ulcer. A duodenal ulcer is a peptic ulcer that develops with inside the first part of the small gut (duodenum).|
|• Gastric ulcers, which shape with inside the lining of the belly.|
• Duodenal ulcers, which shape with inside the higher small gut.
Signs and Symptoms
|• burning ache to your center or higher belly among food or at night.|
• Pain that quickly disappears in case you devour some thing or take an antacid.
• Nausea or vomiting.
|• contamination with the bacterium Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) |
• long-time period use of nonsteroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
|• Laboratory exams for H. pylori. The breath check is the maximum accurate. |
• Endoscopy. May use a scope to look at your higher digestive gadget (endoscopy). During endoscopy, a hole tube prepared with a lens (endoscope) exceeded down the throat and into the esophagus, belly and small gut.
• Upper gastrointestinal collection. Sometimes referred to as a barium swallow, this collection of X-rays of your higher digestive gadget creates snap shots of your esophagus, belly and small gut. During the X-ray, swallow a white liquid (containing barium) that coats your digestive tract and makes an ulcer greater visible.
| • Internal bleeding. Bleeding can arise as gradual blood loss that results in anemia or as extreme blood loss which can require hospitalization or a blood transfusion. |
• A hole (perforation) to yourbelly wall.
• Gastric cancer.
|• Avoid tobacco products. |
• Avoid alcohol.
• Use warning with aspirin and/or NSAIDs.
• Protect yourself from infections through washing palms often and eating meals which have been cooked thoroughly.
Medical Nutrition Therapy
|Refined pasta||Pepper, including black pepper and other types of peppers.|
|Refined bread||Caffeine, including caffeinated sodas.|
|Cucumber||Raw Vegetables or Salads|
|Sweet Potato||Starches; whole wheat flour|
|Meat and Poultry||–|
|Salmon Tuna and Sardines||–|